Sunday, November 11, 2012

So long first trimester and hello to Jackson being 30!

This is a double post because two really BIG things have happened this past week.  For one, I am now just barely in my second trimester, which has a LOT of celebrations in itself.  I am not nearly as fatigued as I was a few weeks ago, and that makes me very happy.  One of the things that suffered during the first trimester is my avid running schedule.  I'm used to running 20 miles a week easy and after week 5 that number drastically was cut in half.  It's very hard for me to accept that for the next few months I won't be running the acceptable amount (for myself at least) as I'm used to, but in the end I know it will be worth it :).  The last couple of weeks I've tried to pick up some of the slack and start jogging not really running again.  I feel much better and much more like working out, so that is an added bonus.  I have been walking a lot and that makes my lab, Casey VERY happy because it means she's been going on the walks a lot with me.  I've also been doing more strength training, but in all actuality I will gain weight and I'll have to work to get it off just like I did the first time.  I am still getting some major headaches, but since my dr is so NOT inquisitive and I feel like she rushes me out of her office, I forgot to tell her this last check-up (this issue is a whole other post, but do know I am switching doctors this week).  I just try and deal with it with Tylenol and LOTS of water.  Other than that, oh and some indigestion I have felt MUCH more like myself.  Just so I don't forget I also wanted to mention that my sister-in-law suggested we do that old wives' tale of holding a necklace over my stomach and depending on the movement of the necklace will determine the gender of the baby.  If it swings back and forth, it means boy and if it goes in a circle, it means girl.  Well, last time we did that with Laine it did the circle (no lie) and this time it swung back and forth.  It's a silly test, I know but it COULD be right :). We will know on Christmas Eve (I'll post about why we chose that day when I post what the baby is).  I really can't wait to know!  I have enjoyed being pregnant this time and want to savor the experience because it may be my last!

Now on to Jackson's birthday.  He actually turned 30 on November 6th, but he was out of town for 2 weeks at Firearms instructor training so we weren't able to celebrate it.  Laine and I had a little party for him with just the three of us before he left, but we had planned on going to The Cheesecake Factory with friends and celebrating with his family the Sunday before, but all of that was put on hold until this weekend.  I HATE when he goes out of town by the way.  Today we went over to his parents to celebrate and had lasagna and of course black forest cake from the Swiss Pastry Shop in Ft Worth.  Lots of family came over and we had a good time.  I made him take a family picture since he wasn't here for the scheduled family pics we had done with KT Photography.  If you haven't checked them out on FB before, go to her page and look at her fabulous work.  She takes WONDERFUL pics that don't cost a fortune.  I am so thankful to have a husband like Jackson.  He's patient (very opinionated, but patient), loyal, caring, manly, and an insanely great dad to his precious princess.  He can no longer make fun of me being 30 and him being 29!!  Happy 30th my love!

No comments: