Thursday, December 13, 2012

18 Weeeks

It's hard to believe that almost half my pregnancy is over, but it's true. In 18 more weeks could possibly be holding my sweet baby in my arms (if it were Laine we were talking about then it would only be 16 more weeks). From about week 13 to 16 I was sick with some sort of something. I had: strep, bronchitis, upper respiratory issues, and major headaches. The headaches I'm still dealing with, but hopefully those will taper off soon. I've found that 2 Tylenol sinus in the morning and then one mini diet Dr Pepper around 10:30 works wonders. I actually didn't do that on Monday bc I thought I felt better and by 11 I was developing an ocular migraine. I think I'll stick with my self-created remedy for a bit longer.

On to the more exciting news about my pregnancy... I have been feeling the baby move since around week 13, but the movements were so soft and faint that I had to nearly not breathe to feel them. Now they're much stronger and I can feel them much more often, actually very often. I think I've said before that I feel like this baby is a boy and based on the constant movement, where as Laine didn't move nearly a often, that adds to my prediction. I also have gained only 6 lbs since I started this journey, but after our staff luncheon and Pappasitos for my father-in-laws birthday yesterday I'm pretty sure I can two more. Lol. My dr said to plan on gaining 8-12 lbs by 20 weeks so I feel I'm on target to stay in that range.

Laine asks about the baby all the time, but my favorite question she asks is, "Mommy, what's the baby saying right now?". Pretty cute! Well not too much longer till we know what this little bundle of joy is, and I can wait!

No comments: