Monday, January 21, 2013

New Doctor

Today I had my first appointment with the new OB I'm going to. I've quite a hard time finding someone I feel comfortable with and knowledgeable of handling a case like mine. It's not that I didn't trust my old doctor, but I didn't feel like she was thorough enough with my concerns during the pregnancy and then I also didn't feel like she told the whole truth to me when I went in to discuss what happened. When I called the high risk OB after I went to my post-partum appt the lady on the phone told me that there were a few really good doctors in the area that she knew of who they got a lot of referrals from, and Dr. Rost was one of them. One of my best friends goes to a doctor in the same practice (actually three of the ladies at work do) and then another lady at work goes to Dr. Rost and LOVES him. She's gone to him for 12 years and said before I even asked that the one thing she loved about him was that he was thorough in examinations as well as he really listens while you're explaining concerns. I prayed that I found a doctor who was exactly that and because of that I chose to go to him. He and I talked for about 20 minutes about what happened and he thought the best plan would be for me to wait until I'm pregnant again and then come in and he would do a culture to test for lingering bacteria. If there is any, he said he would treat the infection and then when I reach 16 weeks he'd start me on progesterone shots. I will get one each week from week 16 to 35. I will be thrilled to make it to week 35 since that is something I havent experienced before. He said that we would also sono each month and check the level of fluid and if he sees an abnormal amount then he will refer to me to Dr. Graham/Payne who I saw in the hospital. I'm not necessarily considered high risk, but he did say that my level of care was a bit higher because of the "issues" I've had with my pregnancies. I loved the office and how smoothly it ran, the nurses were very friendly, and above all I didn't have to wait 45 minutes to be seen like I had been doing previously. I will continue to pray that I have positive experiences at this office and that I at some point in the near future can add another sweet baby to our family!

No comments: