Thursday, January 3, 2013

Running=Bliss

Today I went on my first "real" run since I lost the baby. Really, it was the first run I'd been on since about 11 weeks. I felt fine during my first few weeks of pregnancy, but once I hit about 3 months, I just didn't have a lot of energy, plus I feel like I was sick for the last month or so on and off. I of course followed my dr's orders and waited until she cleared me to start really running again, but after my appointment yesterday I couldn't wait to lace up the new Asics (best running shoes by the way) and hit the pavement. I only ran around 3 miles, which is MUCH less than I am used to but it will take some time to regain my stamina. Being out there, listening to my music, and just focusing on my breathing really allowed me to relax. I know that sounds weird, since my body is working so hard to maintain my pace, but it felt so good. I actually almost ran and cried at the same time just because so much of this experience has been so stressful, but I contained myself and focused on my breathing. I can't wait to start progressing with my distance, especially since I run a 10K in February and getting my form and rhythym back. My body feels so much more relaxed tonight than it has been feeling I truly dedicate that to my run. I'm so glad to have this hobby to redirect my energy!

No comments: